免費瑜伽靜坐班 FREE Yoga Meditation Class

2011年4月10日 星期日

Source of Ganga at Himalaya, 恆河發源地



The source of the river Ganga - Gaumukh, meaning cow's mouth. At an altitude of 4200 metres above the sea level is Gangotri Glacier, one of the largest glaciers in Himalayas. I went there in April 2010, I didn't bring enough clothes, no hikking equipment, there is very less oxygen, it was very difficult for me to take breathe. When we see the beauty of nature, anything we could bear. Finally, we took bath in icy water at the source of Holy River, Indian belive that River Ganga could remove all our sins if we take bath inside. That kind of bath means just put our body inside the river with our clothes. In ancient time, so many sadhu go there to worship, there is a Holy Place of Lord Shiva. According to Hindu Religion, starting place of River Ganga is located on the top of Lord Shiva's head. One mountain is called "Shivling" we also could found it there. Nowaday, I heard that there are still some great sadhu living in the cave at Tapovan, few hours away from Gaumukh, they don't need to eat anything, just meditate, I've found so many caves in Himalaya during the journey, all the things in my eyes was so amazing. I'll never forget this journey in my life.